Did you know ?
- Your baby’s skin is 30% thinner than your skin.
- Baby’s skin is 3x larger relative to their size. (Larger Surface area as compared to body mass ratio)
- Baby’s skin absorbs ad loses moisture 2x faster.
- Babies are more prone to dry & sensitive skin.
- Soap-free cleansers, Syndet bars do not deplete the skin’s oil.
- Cradle cap is normal and will go away.
- Babies get acne and rashes too.
Infants should be moisturized daily!!
- It keeps baby’s skin hydrated and soft.
- It helps treat skin rash, eczema and dry skin.
- It provides them with a healthy barrier against bacteria and infection.
- It protects against effects of harsh external environments.
Benefits of oil in massage
- It will reduce friction, helping make strokes smoother and more rhythmic.
- Infants who were massaged with oil showed less fidgeting, less grimacing and less stress behavior.
- Oil decreases the TEWL and provides occlusive action.
Benefits of baby massage oil for infants
- It keeps baby relaxed.
- It promotes sounder and longer sleep.
- It promotes bonding and communication.
- It helps in digestion and blood circulation.
- Oil helps to make baby skin smooth, shiny, and healthy.
Benefits of baby massage oil for parents
- It improves parent-infant communication.
- It helps parents to understand and respond appropriately to baby's nonverbal cues.
- It promotes feelings of competence and confidence in caring for baby.
- It is fun and relaxing for parents to massage their children.
Best time to massage
- Parents must wait for the infant to complete one month of life before massage begins.
- Best time to massage when baby is alert, well-rested and seems interested in environment.
- When baby less likely to feel full or hungry.
- Massage before bath is the best time to massage.